Born in the small municipality of Lac Simon Quebec, Andre Maille at a very young age began showing interest in sports. In his youth, his talents in sports led to hockey, followed by track and field. These sports demanded physical endurance and strength. This led Andre to start weight training. Eventually, Andre realized that his interest had evolved and the sport of bodybuilding was what he wanted to do.
As a perfectionist, Andre devoted himself entirely to bodybuilding. His hard work and perseverance paid off. As an amateur, he started winning regional titles and eventually provincial and national titles. After winning Mr. Canada 1982, Andre was now eligible to compete internationally. Four years later, in 1986 Andre won the prestigious Mr. World in Las Vegas. Now Andre is competing professionally and goes against the world’s best. His daily four hour weight training, six times a week, a strict nutritional diet and a lifestyle devoted to his profession has paid off with a steady improvement in his showing in the Mr. World and Universe championships all over the world. In 1989 Andre finished third at the professional Mr. Universe in London England. In 1990 he was second in Osaka Japan for the professional world bodybuilding championship and in 1991 he placed second at the professional Italian Grand Prix in Verona.
Andre also created a unique multiple nutrient food supplement called Andre Maille’s Medallist Pak which had world wide distribution in the early nineties.
Through out his bodybuilding life, Andre has always worked on his education graduating with a Bachelor’s of Administration from the University of Quebec in 1982. He took other courses in order to always keep his education on the forefront with bodybuilding.
Injuries forced Andre into early retirement in 1996. He continues to be involved in the sport both as a judge and promoter.
In 1997 he decided to share his knowledge and expertise with others by working as a personal trainer. His experience in the areas of health and fitness as well as his attention to detail makes him a much sought-after personal trainer in the Ottawa area.
Andre is well spoken in both English and French and enjoys the public spotlight. His reputation internationally has led him to be in great demand for guest posing, lectures and seminars all over the world. Andre has judged bodybuilding competitions in Canada, the UK and the USA on behalf of many associations and committees. His over 30 years of experience has made him a leading expert in Canada in the sport of bodybuilding and he never hesitates to use this expertise when requested.
Andre is a Certified Personal Trainer™, a member of IDEA and a member of the Professional Division of the International Federation of Bodybuilders (I.F.B.B.).
Andre is proud to be representing Canadian Bodybuilding world wide and the world has responded by associating world class caliber with Canada and its athletes.
- International Federation of Bodybuilding European Grand Prix Tour 1992
- Professional Grand Prix (finalist) W.A.B.B.A, Verona Italy 1991
- Professional World Bodybuilding Championship (finalist), Osaka Japan 1990
- Professional Mr. Universe Contest (finalist), London, England 1989
- Winner “Mr. World”, World Bodybuilding Championship, Las Vegas, U.S. 1986 in the Heavyweight Division and overall
- Winner “Mr. Canada” Champion, Heavyweight Division, 1982
- Winner, “Mr Eastern Canadian Championship, Heavyweight Division, 1982
- Winner, Heavyweight Division, Mr. Province of Quebec, 1980, 1981, 1982
- "Jeux du Quebec” Gold and Silver medalist, 100 and 200 meters, 1974-1975
- Top Scorer and MVP, Papineau Minor Hockey League, 1973-1974
Fitness and Training
- Launched pre-packaged and customized online workout programs at globalfitnessworkouts.com 2008
- Promoter National Capital Classic 2007 and 2008 nationalcapitalclassic.com
- Promoter Outaouais Regional Bodybuilding championship 2002-2006
- Produced an at-home personal fitness and exercise training video “Unlock your Youth: Strength Training for Adults Over 50”
- Created a unique multiple nutrient food supplement called Andre Maille’s Medallist Pak which had world wide distribution in the early nineties
- Participated in numerous radio, television, film, newspaper and magazine interviews on training, fitness, bodybuilding and related topics in Canada, US and Europe
- Frequent judge of competitions in Canada and the United States
Personal Fitness Trainer (Ottawa)
- Professional Athletes
- Amateur Athletes
- Sports Teams
- Business men and women
- Young people